For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Discover Exploration with company registration number 8259092 and registered office at c/o Gowling WLG, 4 More London Riverside, London SE1 2AU, United Kingdom, and is registered with the UK Information Commissioner's Office with registration number 4994974.
We may collect the following personal information from visitors to this Website from time to time:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering for e-mail updates, raising enquiries or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may share certain data about our site visitors' traffic patterns with partners or other parties. However, we do not sell any information about individual users.
Use of personal information
We process personal information collected via this website for the purposes of:
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or e-mail updates;
- planning and managing our workload and/or business activity;
- providing you with press releases or other information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes, and responding to your queries; recruitment, order processing, account administration and obtaining feedback from website visitors; and
- maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource.
Please inform us if you do not want us to use your data in this way.
We will only disclose personal information to other companies in the Discover Exploration group of companies and to suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf or as otherwise required by applicable law or regulations.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Discover Exploration or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Discover Exploration or other interested parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection or crime detection or prevention.
We do not collect information with a view to selling it to unconnected third parties. However, in the unlikely event that any of the assets of Discover Exploration were sold to a third party, details of our Website users would be passed on to that third party as a part of the sale of the business.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data for the purposes set out above necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, responding to your queries or complaints or sending you e-mail updates which you have subscribed to. Some of the countries to which data may be transmitted may not provide the same statutory protection for your data as your home country. By browsing this Website and communicating electronically with us you acknowledge and agree to our transferring and processing personal data in this way.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will use industry-standard methods and processes to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and industry-standard security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit the Website, we may view the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We use this information to determine the general physical location of the device and understand from what geographic regions our website visitors come. We also may use this information to enhance our Website.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the Website to operate.
We shall seek consent from you prior to using cookies, should you wish to revoke this consent please inform us accordingly.
You can disable cookies or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent, but if you choose to do so you may not be able to access some areas of the Website.
The following cookies are used on the Website:
for the purpose of generating statistics about visitors to the Website to help us improve our Website]
|http://www.discover-exploration.com||exp_last_activity||Records the time of the last page load.|
|http://www.discover-exploration.com||exp_tracker||Contains the last 5 pages viewed. Typically used for form or error message returns.|
In addition to the policies and procedures we employ to safeguard your data, your personal data is protected by Directive 95/46/EC and its local implementing legislation including the Act in the UK. This provides, among other things, that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant, and not excessive. The information should be kept up to date, where necessary, and not retained for longer than is necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people.
The Act gives you the right to access personal information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Discover Exploration treats all the data held by it with the utmost care and security.
Any use of the Website shall be subject to our Website Terms and Conditions.
The Website is operated by Discover Exploration with company registration number 8259092 and registered office at c/o Lawrence Graham LLP, 4 More London Riverside, London SE1 2AU, United Kingdom.