We are committed to ensuring that our website is accessible to everyone.
- All pages on this site follow priorities 1 & 2 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- All pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup.
Web pages on http://www.discover-exploration.com include 4 different areas:
- A header bar that includes the main navigation,
- A "side bar",
- A main content area,
- A footer.
When CSS (Cascading Styles Sheet) are not applied to a document (or when using a screen reader), the 4 areas are read in the above order.
Unless they are purely decorative items, all images used on this web site have suitable
- Content should be usable/accessible with images "off" (disabled).
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target.
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- The first link in every document is a "SkipNav"; it is to skip directly to what is considered the main section of the page (the content). We have implemented this feature in a way that it allows Internet Explorer users to tab through (past that target link).
- URLs are permanent whenever possible.
- We are using non obtrusive client-side scripts.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
- Any information conveyed through the use of color is also available without color (i.e. text based).